• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel IP compensator

TxFireDeuce

I have this sticker on my Eng. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359486878.404773.jpg can I still run WMO I have looked for other post on this site and off and have not had much luck if y'all could point me in the right way thanks

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the engine can still run any type of fuel as designated on the dash with the FDC bypassed. So that yellow sticker is a sign of a rebuilt or later build engine.

..and yes, the search function is less than effective. I've had greater success using google to search SS: "steelsoldiers.com FDC bypass".

edit: I stand corrected.

Last edited:

M813A1

The ( FDC ) or Fuel Density Compensator is used to caculator the Fuel density (weight) of any given fuel to the weight of Diesel fuel. Such as Gasoline to Diesel fuel or Jet fuels to Diesel fuels . That allows the Multifuel Engine to run different grades and or different types fuel in the engine !! It does not add oil from the motor into the fuel, if it does you have a internal leak in the injector pump and will probably get fuel added to your engine oil . It was done to run straight Diesel in the truck that is why the FDC were bypassed !!

Last edited:

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes.

I run my Deuce MF on 95% WMO & 5% diesel/hydraulic fluid/gasoline (given to me when I picked up the WMO) as a wintertime thinner. I have the same sticker on my truck & the FDC has been bypassed. I have noticed a slight loss of power running WMO vs. Diesel, but the cost savings more than offsets this...plus a pyrometer & turning up fuel are in the near future to compensate for this loss.

I see the Tooele Army Depot tag underneath the FDC label...same as my truck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks