• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel issue? 83 am general m925 5 ton

2brothersjunkin

Hello!

I have 83 am general, went to start it the other day fired right up. After it warmed up I climbes ito the cab and it shut down. Now it will not start. Turns over no problem just wont fire. Please help!

2brothersjunkin

Did you pull the emergency shut off ?
If you did it needs to be reset manually on the injector pump.
After it didnt start we pulled it.to reset the switch you just flip it back right? I traced the shut off cable back to a gold, switch on the fuel system.Then we got a new fuel filter. Now when we prime it, its air no fuel from the hole on the bottom. As long as im priming it right.

HMMWV Nut

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's going to be a lot of air to purge out of the fuel filter canister if you didn't fill it all the way up with fuel, so it may take a little priming:popcorn:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Because they are on the website and need help. ;-)

Moved to the 5ton forum

Last edited:

2brothersjunkin

Ok, now I have gotten it to prime, orings on the primer wereshot. But it stil wont fire. When fuel first started coming out it was dark, looked like it was mixed with oil. Then after a few pumps it came out clean. Still wont fire any more ideas?

goldneagle

Will it run with a squirt of ether? If so it might be air in the fuel line. There are threads in here already taht give step by step instructions on checking for air leaks in the fuel lines. Also could be a air leak in the filter housing. (Top bolt gasket)

2brothersjunkin

yes, it will fire off ether. some of the fuel lines are cracked a bit gotta wait till monday to get new lines. any other thoughts? i thought it would just run rough with cracked fuel lines, not,not fire at all?