• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel issue , bad injection pump?

MDF1017

Thanks for everyone’s advice, I’m gonna look at IP rebuild. Should I change injectors while I’m at it?

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for everyone’s advice, I’m gonna look at IP rebuild. Should I change injectors while I’m at it?
I would run some Seafoam added to the diesel thru it and see if it smooths out first. Seafoam or Power Service will clean out a lot of injectors.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Do the jobs one at a time to get improvement. Somewhere here in repair process get the fuel gauge functioning proper or use a stick you calibrate.
If the correct functioning lift pump is in there then do the filters and injectors.
It ran out of fuel so whatever was in the last of that fuel went to the injectors, thru the entire fuel system. It is logical that crude and crap went to those injector orifices.
You can give the seafoam a try, cheapest and simple but you can just dump in a quart of naphtha
(the pale oil in Seafoam is a non wax naphtha oil). from local store.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks