• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel issue

bugs

figured out that I have a rust problem when I took primary filter out , but when the filter was changed sill have no power. why would the truck run if there is still a clogging problem, would nt it sputter and run poorly? seems to idle ok but cant get above 35mph.

usmcm35a2

Secondary and final fuel filters are even smaller micron than primary. If your primary was plugged off, most likely the other two also are clogged. Is your in tank pump running or did the fuse blow? Just a suggestion for a couple of things to check.

welldigger

You can get enough fuel to idle but as you increase the rpm the fuel demand also increases. The filters can clog where only a reduced amount of fuel will pass through.

Now thats not the only reasons your engine may not rev up. But, its the first thing I would check/service.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yep! If you start losing power, it's almost always time to change all three filters. Never change just one or two, always change all three.
I don't believe I agree with that statement. If you have not gone through your fuel system before, change all 3. If you have(and I have) I usually check the primary, and if its nasty I'll check the first secondary. If thats nasty I'll go to the third, but usually the secondary filters are ok.

I have had a bad batch of fuel and needed to swap all of them, but other times I just swap out the first-secondary filter. It helps to have pressure gauges in the fuel system to know whats going on.

Jeepsinker

I know what you mean Gimpy, just have had no luck myself changing anything but all three filters every time. I always end up having to change the unchanged filters in another 50 miles or so. Has always happened close to home, and thank god on my way home. I do however, have quite the rusty tank, even though I have cleaned it out a couple of times.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Draining the crap out of the primary filter as recommended in the TM goes a long way on keeping filters from pluging up .

captcarc

I have a M35A3. With rust issues, I've replaced both fuel filters under the hood and fuel lines back to the tank. It's now running great but did I miss a 3rd filter? Where is it, in the tank? Thanks.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have a M35A3. With rust issues, I've replaced both fuel filters under the hood and fuel lines back to the tank. It's now running great but did I miss a 3rd filter? Where is it, in the tank? Thanks.
The A3 has a Cat motor, it might only have 2 filters, not sure. We were talking about a multifuel motor, which has 3 filters.