• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel leak, air in system, squeaky noise related to fuel delivery, need HELP

stranger75

Fuel lines along frame rail are dry. Fuel filter base is dry. I think there may be a leak at the lift pump. There is a good amount of wet gook down there. Someone earlier mentioned that a problem with the pump would cause cavitation. I guess this may be the cause of that terrible squirrel noise also.

I can get her to crank (if parked nose down on an incline) after 5-6 glow plug cycles and maybe 4 crank attempts. There is white smoke when I do this.

I know I can bleed the air out of the system by backing out the injectors, but without solving the first problem this won't help much because air will continue to get into the system.

cucvrus

That will do it. If that fuel pump is wet. That will not help the fuel injection to stay primed. Good Luck. I hope everything works out for you. They sell lifetime warranty pumps at Autozone. That is up to you what you want to do. Happy Thanksgiving. I only wanted to help you out with further expense not start an issue with other members. Take care.

rsh4364

Maybe its the short piece of rubber fuel from hard line feeding mech.lift pump,and the noise sounds like a bad ujoint at rear end.My fuel line went bad a same spot.

Last edited: