• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel leak on a 804a

carc383

Can anyone help me with sourcing a part? My issue is on the fuel tank they have a rubber plug that kinda looks like a boat plug with a hole in middle thats threaded. I looked in tm and couldn't find tried contacting green mountain no luck your help would be verymuch appreciated if your looking at front of unit its on the left side at the bottom around middle of unit Thanks Guys

Guyfang

Staff member
What you need to do is dpwnload the manuals from the tm forum, and write down the part numbers anb nsn's. Yes they are there. They are caled wellnuts. Then look in the forum under the headindg of Wellnut. Or send a pm to Daybreak. He has a thread all about them. Important is that when you install them, do not over torque them. There are severat different types. I believe the thread is titled, "The imfamess wellnut".

Guyfang

Staff member
Common problem. Even when I worked for the army, some people were always looking in the gen set manual, and complaining to me that there was no engine parts. It caught me by surprise also. When I retired, there was no TQG's in our units. All the old books had both gen set and engine in one book. When I started working on TQG's, it had me stumped for a bit. Give a shout if you have a problem.

carc383

I found it guys I ordered four of them just in case. I have three other units besides this one so I like to have spares I found some on oshkosh web sight for like $6.95 plus shipping.