• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel leak on line coming out of passenger side filter.

iatractor

Good evening. This is my first post in this forum. So go easy. Right now I have my radiator out of the truck for a repair on the bottom seam. Anyway, since it was out I decided to fix the fuel leak that was coming out of the filter on the passenger side of the truck. Since I'm running a blend of fuels the fuel is somewhat dark, and with the radiator out, it made seeing what I needed to do more visible. Judging by the leak it appeared that it was leaking out of the threads and running down the copper line that runs under the front rail. So I unscrewed the nut and seen that it had an internal flare fitting. Cleaned the threads up, both on the nut and inside the elbow coming out of the filter. When I put it back together and tested for leaks, the old leak was fixed but now I'm getting a new leak that comes down the middle of the nut. Everything looked good before putting it back together, felt like a nice fit. Tightened the fitting up till wrench snug plus a good cinch. My questions are, did I miss a step, is there supposed to be an o-ring in that connection, and what ideas do you have to stop the leak?

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take it apart again and make sure there's not a crack in the flare or the nut. And double check that there's not a piece of dirt that's gotten in there. There's also the possibility that it's been stretched out too much to seal.

iatractor

Thanks for the information John. At first it didn't look like anything was causing the leak, but there was a hairline crack where the flare met the line to run straight. Cut it off, re-flared it and hooked it back up. So far no leaks. Now onto the next project of putting the radiator back in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks