• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel leaking from fdc

thj327

recently did the fdc bypass, doing so noticed fuel was leaking from the housing itslef of fdc and gasket for fdc to the pump. have noticed now extended start on my truck, do i need to replace the fdc since the housing is leaking and could this be causing the start issue

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The FDC should not be leaking if you bypassed. There were two lines you had to remove, loop or plug. I will hit you with a PM and my cell number.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may have a loose fuel line connection in that area and an air leak, making it hard to start.
The FDC housing to IP gasket keeps oil where it is suppose to be, no fuel here...no pressure.

brianp454

Please provide pics and giv emore info if you can. My truck does not have the FDC bypassed and starts rough. It will start then die when cold. If I give it some hand throttle so that it comes to ~900 RPM on a cold start it does not die. Haven't figured out what is causing it. I do have a leak or two around the IP, but haven't figured out where exactly. Will provide pics as I have time.

recently did the fdc bypass, doing so noticed fuel was leaking from the housing itslef of fdc and gasket for fdc to the pump. have noticed now extended start on my truck, do i need to replace the fdc since the housing is leaking and could this be causing the start issue

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please provide pics and giv emore info if you can. My truck does not have the FDC bypassed and starts rough. It will start then die when cold. If I give it some hand throttle so that it comes to ~900 RPM on a cold start it does not die. Haven't figured out what is causing it. I do have a leak or two around the IP, but haven't figured out where exactly. Will provide pics as I have time.
Reads like clogged fuel filters, when did you change them last? All three, don't forget the primary below the generator/alternator.

brianp454

I've replaced all of the fuel filters and they were OK anyway. I get good fuel flow if I turn on the lift pump and crack the bleeder valve on the primary or secondary filters. I'm planning bypass the FDC and see if that helps. I checked the injectors some time back and they spray great and have a pop pressure in the 3200-3400psi range. A bit high and I've wondered if the high pop pressure is not being reached just after start up due to the FDC trimming fuel when it shouldn't or the HH getting re-primed, etc.

Reads like clogged fuel filters, when did you change them last? All three, don't forget the primary below the generator/alternator.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks