• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel line, convert copper to hydraulic

Rubenk

So the copper fuel line that runs under the radiator support has been crushed on my 1971 M35a2...unfortunately I'm not around my deuce during the week.

I'm looking to replace it with hydraulic hose and relocating it to the inside of the cross member/support.

So my question is does anybody have the exact measurements of a suitable hydraulic hose replacement that I could order or have made for me by a local shop? I'm just hoping to have the replacement sitting there ready to install when I am able to spend time with my deuce is all.

Thanks!

Rubenk

I'd use synflex myself.
I dont think arthritis treatment will help fuel my truck...

But really, have any more info on this? Google search just turned the arthritis stuff.

And I still need length and the type/size of fittings needed...

Rubenk

Thanks for the search link.

Any chance somebody has the rest of the information for sourcing a replacement? I'd happily go remove it from the truck and go to every part/hardware store till I found a replacement if I had my truck with me, but unfortunately I do not. Ah, the joys of working away from home.

kennys@wi.rr.com

I replaced mine with 3/8 hose and JIC fittings. Yor can remove the short rubber line that jumps between the copper and the IP with this as well. If you want PM me and I can send you a new hose all premade and ready to go.

Rubenk

I replaced mine with 3/8 hose and JIC fittings. Yor can remove the short rubber line that jumps between the copper and the IP with this as well. If you want PM me and I can send you a new hose all premade and ready to go.
PM sent, but I dont see the harm in posting the dimensions of the hose in here, save the price for PM if you want.

shenkmen

Sorry, don't have the info on the line. I took mine to a local hydraulic hose shop and had them make me a steel braided line to match. It took them 5 minutes to make the new line. I ran it on the inside as you mentioned.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks