• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel line replacement Material

panzerjunky

Hello again
What are you guys using to replace the plastic fuel lines between the injectors and such. Are you using tygon tube or something like that, also where are you buying it?
thanks in advance.
Jerry

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your local NAPA will have the black plastic nylon "air brake" lines with ferrules and inserts, which are perfect for this. Just specify 1/4 or 3/8 inch . Re-use the rest of fittings.

Edit: Added image

Attachments

Last edited:

Earth

You need flexibility between the injectors for sure. I was lucky to get a nice length of it in the bed of a 105 trailer I got. For the other 1/4 inch lines, which are longer, I've been using metal brake line from NAPA, which is conveniently enameled in OD green.

FL_Frank

The plastic air brake line worked excellent for me as well. However, for the ferrules and the inserts, I went to the local ACE hardware store and bought those (far cheaper than Napa - who didn't have enough of them anyways) that you would use for a water line - fits the air brake hose perfectly.

One of the few easy jobs on a deuce to do =)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks