• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel nozzle leak

Flyingvan911

I just replace my nozzle yesterday. It only took about half an hour. I just unhooked the fuel lines and backed off the nut and it spun right out. I cleaned all of the parts, fittings, and fuel lines and then spun the new noxxle right in. Tighten the nut with a 1" combo wrench just a touch past snug and reattached the fuel lines. I used a sealer that was safe for diesel, kerosene, gasoline etc. I let it sit overnight so the sealer could dry. Probably not nessecary but I like to be sure.

It took some cranking this morning to get the air out and fire the engine. Everything is nice and tight. When I rebuild the old nozzle I will take pictures and make a nozzle rebuild thread with the o-ring sizes.

Donald Poppell

O Ring info

I posted this in the Flame Heater Check Valve thread also.
Hope this helps

MFG = Parker Hannifin
P/N = M83248-1-014 OR M83248/1-104
MIL SPEC = MIL-R-83248 Aircraft fuels and lubricants
COMPOUND = V1164-75 FLUOROCARBON

deathrowdave

Need to check the new fuel nozzles with air before installing , mine leaked straigth thru with slightest pressure . This will fill crankcase with fuel soon !!! I had to add a fuel cutoff solenoid to mine with a check valve on the return line. to stop fuel leaking through the new Memphis nozzle