• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel out the Pass side muffler?

Simkins12

Guys, newbie here. First off, great site with plenty of helping members and glad to be here. Been looking and reading up on the CUCV's as much as possible. Picked up the 1008 just recently, from a local guy and have just been trying to do some regular maintenance to get it road worthy and inspected.

My 84 1008 is smoking out the pass side dual, and it is throwing out some diesel. :( GP's are good, the IP may be a bit off. Guy thinks it could be a head gasket, rocker arm is off, or a missing injector. Could it be a bad fuel rail or even a vacuum leak?

Additionally the 6.2 doesn't seem to be building much pressure when you squeeze the radiator hose. Should I look at getting some compression tests done? Your thoughts....

Thanks,

Robert

84 M1008A1 6.2/TH400. 12v conversion done prior. A/C! Stock otherwise

Simkins12

Hoot223, thanks for the reply. I think I will get the tests done. It turns out, it was a rod that had broken or worn out. No damage to the cranshaft or any other parts in the area. We were able to fish out the part with a magnetic long socket and having it replaced as we speak!

Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks