• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Pod Moved

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How do you plan to tap the tank for fuel? From the lower tank outlet? Or maybe from up top?
Tap out of the top with a 120 V electric pump with the switch in the storage room, run a pipe/hose through the wall and over to the 55 gallon drum. Top off the aux tank every 48 hours of use or so , based on the fuel consumption.

Guyfang

Staff member
I seem to remember there being a possibility of using the same 5 gal gas can adapter, with the brass screw in pipes, in a ´n opening on top of the tank. Do you have the TM's for the TPU stuff?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I seem to remember there being a possibility of using the same 5 gal gas can adapter, with the brass screw in pipes, in a ´n opening on top of the tank. Do you have the TM's for the TPU stuff?
Yes, thanks for asking, and I have extra adapters (hardware). Problem with the adapter and vacuum is that all the tanks will try to reach the same level and they are NOT. I would much rather run the electric pump from the 600 to the 55 and keep it full when I do my daily checks and services on the generator, and let the aux fuel pump keep the 'day tank' at least 3/4 full. With the weather conditions they are calling for this weekend - tonight thru Monday noon, the machines could get a workout even though the 600 is still empty. I think I may be prepared for generation with three MEP-003A's, a diesel 5KW commercial unit, a gasoline 5KW commercial unit, an old Craftsman 3000W gasoline generator and a 2000 watt 'quiet' generator. Time will tell. And two 803's across town at the club compound.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks