• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel pressure guage

rtadams89

I want to add a pressure gauge after all the fuel filters to see if I am getting the expected pressure. Looking at the LDS Troubleshooting guide, pages 12-13 give the expected pressures and a location to put a gauge at, but the picture in the PDF I have is so bad, I can't see where it is connected. I plan to just put a tee between the output of the filter housing and hose running to the inlet of the FDC. The pressure there should be between 30 (minimum at idle) and 75 PSI, yes? I see the fitting there is part number "89-LB3/8x3/8", but I can't find a reference to what size NPT fitting that part has; anyone know so I can add a tee/gauge?

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it is simply put in place of the bleeder screw of the secondary filter housing. I'd venture out and say it is probably 1/8 NPT, so a gauge would screw straight in. Sorry, don't have my truck on hand to verify.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks