• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Prices

DanMartin

Re: RE: Fuel Prices

maritimer said:
$1.32 a liter here supposed to go to $1.50 by sept
OK...I had to figure this out in gallons and US dollars:

$1.32/liter * 3.78541178 = $4.99CAD/Gallon. Exchange rate today was $.987CAD to $1.00USD, do that makes it $5.06USD/Gallon there.

So...officially: YIKES!

That is all.

tamangel

RE: Re: RE: Fuel Prices

I'm headed to Canada for a quick vacation..

was checking out gas prices up there...do they use the Imperial gallon or the US gallon?

Imperial or US Gallon? with $1.20.9 CD per liter would it be:

Imperial gallons (4.54 L) to U.S. Gallons (3.78 L)

Imperial = $5.49 CD $5.56 USD per 'gallon'

U.S.= $4.57 CD $4.63 USD per 'gallon'

Mike

5tonpuller

Loose Deuce said:
Well the Diesel is $3.85 a gallon :cry: in my area now and the Tax Exempt Farm Diesel is $3.30. South Mississippi

What about your Area
:cry:
They are $4.06 and $3.57 for off road. WHAT A BUNCH OF BS !!!!
Fuel or gas should not be over $1.50 in the USA.
I did some research some time ago and come to the answer ( at least for me ) is
this is ALL a set up for them to make more $$. Do your own looking ( if I typed it here the board would dump me for spamming ) What about the people that HEAT with fuel. The ones on a fixed income.

I sent a email off to my state and federal government people , but just got the standard form letter back. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
How many billions is enough?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: Fuel Prices

It is pretty stupid that the prices are so high on diesel. It is the fuel that runs our country and gives us most of our supplies, Trucks and Trains use it so all of our prices rise when diesel hits the skies time to make some real changes in this country. NO FREE HAND OUTS, earn your keep or you will be hungry and cold in the winter and hot in the summer and walk or ride a bike.

beaubeau

RE: Re: Fuel Prices

Well guys just made it back from my trip to In. to pick up my M750 trl. All went well, except for last 3 tanks of diesel cost me $4.25. Even off the Interstate it cost that in Vt. where I filled up last. I will park my equipment now and not go out until fuel prices drop. Good Luck all, Phil

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The lowest here, $3.85, at a NEW Chevron station, the highest i've seen, still at the 76 in El Monte at $4.49. Good thing I still have about 250 gal. of FedEx gas for the deuce! It's killin' me to fill the trucks! Might have to turn the M35 into the daily driver, but what if fuel prices get worse? Then I wouldn't be able to drive it for the enjoyment :cry:

joec

Well if the general population knew about how much product they get from a gallon of crude oil there would be a uprising. Diesel is the first product that comes off after cooking. Then gas, and some other fuels. Then they have left over for tar and plastic. When I worked at the refinery here setting pipe with a crane. The plant manager told us they get 5-8 products out of a gallon of crude. Go Figure since diesel is the first to come off it should be the cheapest.

Now go back 15 years ago. It use to be 1 truck(Diesel) to every 25 cars. Now it's 1 truck to every 10 now. Winter time is fuel for heat. Summer the demand is cut bye 70% so they drop it. I have a fuel slip from August last summer that was $2.58 @ gallon. then october was around $2.98 @ gallon it was getting colder.

In a nut shell we get the shaft every winter. Diesel is and allways will be the cheapest to refine. They are taking advantage of it because it is what keeps the country going. And there is no cap on what they can charge. Just let me say when you can make a product and burn it off. At the refinery because they have to much sitting in storage. I worked at the storage area as well. I have never seen a tank so big. I had a 160 ton Krupp hydraulic truck crane there. It was like putting a 18ft boat next to a super tanker.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Keep in mind, the refining process for diesel has changed. It is now much more refined than it was 15 - 20 years ago. It is almost like Jet fuel. Some of the fuel smells like gasoline. I have a hard time telling the difference.

Rattlehead

$4.09 here at a local station. Glad I filled up both tanks on the tractor when it was "cheap" ($3.60).

The ULSD fuel that is now required for 2007.5 model year vehicles surely adds to the refining process and additive package.

I wonder if the big jumps in prices aren't at leastpartially due to commodity trading/speculation.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks