• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel problem m-813

groundog

:driver: my truck starts---runs about 1 or 2 minutes---quits---have to crank quite a bit but then starts and runs Ok---changed fuel filter twice---line to tank is clear---pulled pick up tube from tank--clear---suggestions?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
look for sucking air leak look, at the two petpocks by the fuel filter, or a cracked suction line

acetomatoco

check the emergency shut down valve on top of the Injector Pump... it is run by the T handle top dead center on your dash.. You have to manually reset it under the hood, or thru the fender opening because they usually do not push in well and just kink the wire...ask me how I know, right John Tennis????

groundog

:) :) thanks for the replys---took fittings apart and put tape on all threads and made sure all tubes are pushed into the fittings before tightening any nut---hopefull that wii work ---easier to find the problem with a in tank pump

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
sure sounds like a leak in the fuel line,, check the valve that is under the floor under the drivers side seat. there is 6 lines there that might give you a leak. i looked for over a month to find my leak and i had to pressure up the system in order to find it

GIJoeCzar

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would recommend by-passing the plunger that sits just before the fuel metering pump. The plunger is used to boost fuel pressure in the line (much like pumping the "bulb" on the fuel line to a boat motor). That plunger, although great when it's working, more often than not sucks air and causes problems.

jwaller

I just replaced all the lines under the cab in my 818 on the spider valve or the tank selector valve and what a difference. now this thing moves like it should

rmgill

Groundog, when I had my M813, I serviced the Fuel filter and didn't quite get the procedure right. First, make sure the valves are closed and opened the correct way for the filter. Second, make sure the filter can's seal is in good order and correctly installed. I fudged it once and the seal wasn't correctly in place and I couldn't get it to prime.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks