• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel problem?

cucv1833

im new to this forum i would first like to say hello, im looking for a little advice i just got my first cucv been doing a lot of work on it im having a fuel problem i have also read briefly on other related threads after driving about 3 miles it stalled and would crank back up go another mile and stall again i got towed home changed the fuel filter and bled it off it seems to be pumpiing fuel good at the filter i can feel the fuel flowing through the injector lines i drove it again about 4 mile and same thing started over again any advive would be appreciated thanks

cucv1833

after reading other related threads i decided ordered a new fuel filter assembly and see how that goes. i had a small leak on the drain petcock and the fuel sensor nipple was cracked got the #12471725 housing from ebay hope that solves the problem please advise

dependable

I think you are in the right track, the new filter base is likely to solve your problem. If not it is probably an air leak in one of the rubber hoses or a worn out fuel lift pump.

91W350

Be sure to replace that rubber hose between the fuel block and the Injection Pump. I cannot imagine why they ran a rubber fuel line that far. I have been able to get the clamps loose by reaching under the intake manifold from the driver's side and using a 1/4 drive ratchet and long extension between the intake runners. I am a big boy, so if my meat hooks can get in there, yours should be able to as well. The return hose is short, it would be a good plan to replace all the rubber hoses you can find, they are 25 years old and looking for an excuse to spring a leak. 8)

cucv1833

thanks for the input guys im gonna start changing rubber hoses fuel and vacuum lines in the meantime while waiting on my fuel filter parts should have just put the screw on type filter on but oh well

dependable

Hope your problems are solved. Most bases are covered. I did have a injection pump failure in a civi 6.2 that could go for short jumps and stall. The input shaft came apart when I took the pump off the engine. Not your normal IP failure. Hope this is not you problem.

cucv1833

well ive changed a few sets of rubber fuel lines and i changed the fuel filter base and filter, ive also changed the vacuum reg valve and vacuum lines that fixed my tranny problem. but im still having that fuel problem cranks up fast with no problem i drive around the block about a mile and it dies complete shut down no stuttering turn the key for about 2 seconds and it cranks back up just to make it back home ive been reading alot of related threads but i want to figure out my next step either change the sending unit in the tank which is a used one that was put in a few months ago or change the supply pump any advise would be appreciate Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks