• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel problems again

masonbytrade

So after changing more rotted line and bleeding all the air the truck ran fine fo two days. It had a little surge that would come and go which I figured was a little air trapped in the lines. Then today it started stumbling and got louder under throttle and if I ease of the pedal and let the rpms back down it's fine. I've cleaned the return valve good and am wondering if it could be anything to do with the rubber lines between the injectors. Any ideas?

Wolf.Dose

The rubber lines between the injectors are just to carry back the leaking fuel from the injectors. Any Diesel engine needs them.
There is an advance device in the injection pump, actuated partially by the outside lever on the right side of the pump (driving direction). If the piston in the botom of the pump does not work propperly, the timing is not correct, means the pump injects 2 or 3 degrees to late which will make some unusual noise. So an injection pump repair is required or, if cheeper, just change. All pumps are the same, all code J!
Wolf