• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel problems on M816

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M816 will run as long as I have a electrice fuel pump running. I have taken off the tank valve to make sure if was ok replaced all of the rubber fuel lines check all for air leaks did not find any . If I turn the electrice pump on and start it will run if the electrice pump is not in line will not start. anybody have a idea on this or what to check .

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you simply run a line from the IP to a fuel can? That way you can see if your IP will draw fuel. I would bet your valve is leaking air.

If your not careful, that elect pump you are using, will push fuel right past your IP and fill your base full of fuel.

Does your primer pump build pressure and work as it should?

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will try going from the tank to the IP in the morning or should I go to the fuel filter I have the tool box off so it will not be hard to use a rubber line from the tank.thanks
AEC Retired Tony

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would try a single new piece of 1/2" rubber fuel line from the IP directly to the tank. Don't let it touch the bottom and suck any crud in. You could just put the hose into a Jerry can on the ground next to the front tire(to do this test).

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How did you check the selector valve for leaks? even if its pressurized and not showing any fuel it can still suck some air.

I think the best way is, the process of elimination.

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
area52 I put he electric pump in line be hind the valve from the tank everything else was back like it should be did not see any fuel comeing from any of the lines or the valve.
AEC Retired Tony

jatonka

bought 2 818s this summer, 1st one, starts and runs perfect. 2nd one, no start,runs on ether, took off fuel line, put in the tank and it runs. Found multiple air leaks in lines coming to selector valve. replaced all lines, Truck Runs Perfect Now. Air leaks don't work on a Cummins. JT

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks