• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel pump not pumping

rwh64

I am a very inactive member but often visit this site forthe wealth of information it provides. I have spent hours going throughthe technical manuals looking for details on the fuel pump for my 68 Kaiser 5ton multi fuel. The pump runs but will not pump the fuel. Whenremoved I can see the impeller. My question is, should there be a coverover the impeller? I do not know how else the fuel would move up thetubing. Any help would be appreciated.

poppop

Yes there is a cover and it is fairly common for them to fall off. It is in the bottom of the tank. There are several old threads discussing this problem but I am not good with search, maybe you can find them. I think some members were able to re-install the cover and fasten it some way.

rwh64

Thank you very much for the quick replies. I am headed out to go fishing in the bottom of the tank. I need to hear this thing run to give me the motivation to keep spending money on it. Thanks again.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is more than a cover. There will be multiple pieces that make up the pump body, then the cover.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, might be. I have seen some that have stacked disks to make the fuel "vortex" others it is one piece.

rwh64

Went fishing, of course there had to be Half a tank of fuel to dig threw. Found the shims mentioned and the end cap. Put it all together and she fired right up. These things are amazing, sat for almost 5 years and fired up after about 15 seconds of cranking. I zip tied the end of the pump, hope that helps keep it together. Thanks again for the help, always great advice given here.

Rifleman

I think a better idea then nylon zip ties would be to safety wire the bolts, if the heads of the bolts are not drilled you can cross drill them pretty easy, once safety wired you never have to worry about them falling off again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks