• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel pump part # for R6602

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The old AC delco number is 8259, but I am thinking it is obsolete now and doesn't cross over to anything. I will do some other checking, but I know pretty much that it won't be found in stores.

5tondeuce

The old AC delco number is 8259, but I am thinking it is obsolete now and doesn't cross over to anything. I will do some other checking, but I know pretty much that it won't be found in stores.
Thanks for checking, I was hoping it was a common part but maybe not. It is still on the truck but the guy that had the truck before me put a crappy little electric pump on it. He claims it was better on fuel but it can barely keep up to the needs of the engine
Thanks

rlwm211

There is a pump on fleabay item number 310373989745 that indicates it is for the r6602 engine. You will have to look as it is a Marine application pump but may fit if it is the same pump mount. Sorry I could not source an oem pump. I have spent an hour on it trying.

edit It is an 8259 pump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks to be new
Hope this helps

Last edited:

5tondeuce

There is a pump on fleabay item number 310373989745 that indicates it is for the r6602 engine. You will have to look as it is a Marine application pump but may fit if it is the same pump mount. Sorry I could not source an oem pump. I have spent an hour on it trying.

edit It is an 8259 pump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks to be new
Hope this helps
Thanks very much for putting so much time and effort into it, I feel a bit guilty:beer:
I took a pic of my machanical pump and i would say it is not original, the truck has an electric pump on it now that just can't keep up. I wonder if the one on my truck is a more common type that will still work. The one on the truck has no fuel lines going to it but is still in place so i am sure it is toast. Thanks for the help

Attachments

rlwm211

5Ton....I am an information researcher so looking for stuff is more of a pleasure than a chore.

I just wanted to make sure you had options.