• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Pump replacement

HSFDChief600

So I had to replace the fuel pump on our truck that we use for a brush truck. We decided to replace the manual pump with an electric pump. Got it all hooked up and powered up. Truck runs for a second or 2 then dies. The pump puts out like 9-10 psi so it should be plenty of pressure to run it. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

Chaski

How did you plumb it up? If you screwed up and plumbed it to the injection pump return, or in some other way that would put back pressure on the return it would run as you described.

HSFDChief600

It's plumbed correctly, acts like it's not getting enough fuel or has air in the system somewhere. I'm starting to think I have the pump too high in relation to the fuel tank. I have been sick as a dog so have not worked on it much.