• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel pump

Thumper580

Need to bump the motor over or turn it over with an 18mm socket and extension until the lobe that works the pump is pointed away from the fuel pump. That should help. Really cold grease on the end of the push rod will help hold it in place...

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have to remove the plate behind the pump, (the rod will fall out so be careful) grease the rod and put it back in, replace the plate with new gasket, start the pump bolts through the plate before tightening the 1/4" plate bolts so the pump bolts will line up when you install the pump.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't see a plate behind the pump. Is it bolted in or held in by RTV? Can it be coerced with a rubber mallet?
pump plate.jpg

It is held by two 1/4" screws and of course the pump screws, why I said to start the pump screws before tightening the 1/4" ones so the holes will align, you should tighten the 1/4" screws before installing the pump.

dhaumann69166

One easy way is to have the bolts on the back plate loose and reach in from the bottom with a bent hack saw blade. Hold the rod back with the blade and slide pump in place. Once all bolts are in and holding good pull the blade and tighten everything. Did it like this on mine a few days ago. Fought it for an hour before I tried the blade.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One easy way is to have the bolts on the back plate loose and reach in from the bottom with a bent hack saw blade. Hold the rod back with the blade and slide pump in place. Once all bolts are in and holding good pull the blade and tighten everything. Did it like this on mine a few days ago. Fought it for an hour before I tried the blade.
How did you seal the plate to block? If you are going as far as loosening the plate may as well pull it and grease the rod

nspctr1

Thx. Got the plate off and gasket material scraped off around the plate. Can’t get rid to set fully in shaft, it sticks out about a quarter inch at most. Should be able to bolt up with little resistance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks