• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Questions

palskidoo

Hey guys,

I have been doing some searching but haven't really found anything to answer this question. Can a deuce run on old hydraulic fluid? im not sure if the fluid has the BTU rating that home heating fuel or engine oil has but I would assume it'd work just fine in the motor. Anybody ever done this before?

Another question I had was, in the Big Betty thread under "members rides" it was mentioned that ATF was used to clean out the fuel system and injectors a bit. Is that automatic transmittion fluid? How would that help the fuel system?

Thanks,

palskidoo

P.S. if all goes well, soon I'll have my own deuce and green fever will completely take over!!!! :beer:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you read any of the threads in the Alternitive Fuels forum? It has been discussed many times.

Yes you can run hydraulic fluid. If it burns you can run it.

ATF ( auto trans fluid) has detergent and solvents in it and will remove the gunky build up in the fuel system.

Watch out for the red dye if you get pulled over. The cops may think it's of road diesel.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks