• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel return line

ClintA

So I use MEP’s to pump water for cattle in very remote places around the ranch, yesterday my guys went to check on the generator and the return line had broken or slipped off, I haven’t been there yet to see. Anyway my question is has anyone figured out how to bomb proof the return line so this would never happen again, we lost 50 plus gallons of diesel yesterday.. I’m open to suggestions/ ideas and thanks in advance, Clint

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was it the stock line? I replace the OEM garbage line with this: https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c/safety-stripe/gates-safety-stripe-fuel-hose/gats/27000?q=27000

Buy a package of new 1/8" plastic vacuum tees (in case the ones in your machine show signs of age/brittleness) and replace them and use this Gates hose. It takes a little more work to put on the Ts (I heat the hose ends up a bit and put oil on them to aid in assembling them), and use small zip ties over each barb/hose interface... and you should be good.

I've yet to experience a failure with this hose on the many dozens of machines I have had to swap lines on.

Adrok

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Personal preference for all equipment, particularly if it is not easily near the shop, metallic fuel lines. spray down with fluid film or some petroleum product to protect from weathering. Does not take much longer than flexible / rubber lines.
Employed similar strategy for the breather / vents on the M35 axles and brake reservoir.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks