• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel return lines- ok to trim?

stranger75

I have a fuel leak coming from the fuel return line on the injector - driver side closest to the fire wall. I have ordered new fuel line from ebay to replace them all. Until that arrives, will I do any harm by trimming the offending line? I have read that the length of line is important.

K9Vic

Why did you not just go to a local auto parts store for your fuel line? Or if you search you will see you can use 5/32 Tygon fuel lines that is available at any hobby shop.

I do not think the length is important, but it should be long enough to where it is able to flow freely. I replace all my return lines with Tygon.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...ne-FM100-Primary-and-Secondary-filter-install

Taken from a post over at Diesel Place.
1/8" I.D. (.125) is too small, while 3/16 (.1875) is too big. (thanks iamdave0887)

So 5/32" (.156) tygon fuel line should work.

stranger75

A German made fuel line that does not require clamps was recommended to me. It was cheap so I bought it. I haven't yet had the need to replace fuel line and am not all that familiar with Tygon. If it works for you, awesome. I have heard that the Dorman replacement kit is prone to failure, so I wanted to stay away from that.

So trimming the line isn't a big deal? Do the lines need to be exactly equal in length? Does the length of the line affect compression? I'm trying to figure this out and do it correctly. Thanks.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Length of the retun lines has no effect on anything.

Skinny

Be careful as Tygon is not rated for the heat in the engine bay. I used it on my fuel tank lines but standard rubber hose for engine bay stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks