• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel return lines

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well just finished passenger side return lines with new,
IMO I don't care for the cloth outer cover as it makes it difficult to see if hose is all the way on.
Also looks so so with fraying.
A few pictures new and old.
Hope they don't leak.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

cucvrus

I thought we had all this covered in the thread last week.

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Which part, that the outer cover frays, as it did. That is hard to see if it is on all the way, found that out, not needing the clamps,
Just like redundancy,
It was interesting that the driver side was leaking after changing the passenger side, and it was the one that did Not have any hose clamp. I'm sure you know how fun this change out is.
Personally I don't want to be back doing it again.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Which part, that the outer cover frays, as it did. That is hard to see if it is on all the way, found that out, not needing the clamps,
Just like redundancy,
It was interesting that the driver side was leaking after changing the passenger side, and it was the one that did Not have any hose clamp. I'm sure you know how fun this change out is.
Personally I don't want to be back doing it again.

Correct fix is to repair replace to as if it was New and You were just building it first time but better than they did. I had "temporary-better" fixes on things that were still there working good when they tore down the plant 23 years later..
You doin good.

cucvrus

I promise I will never look that close at your CUCV to see if the woven covering on the fuel return lines are fraying. But if they leak diesel fuel the deals off. I am looking. I hate the smell of heated diesel fuel. Burns me eyes. If it ain't leaking and the clamp fits I would call it fixed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks