• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Rotation Day

csheath

If you are like me and have other diesel powered equipment that gets used more often than your generator it is a good idea to rotate the fuel. I have only topped up my generator after each monthly load test for the 6 months I've owned it. I had to refill my storage drums a couple of weeks ago since I used all the stored fuel in my tractors. Today I pumped all the fuel from the generator into my backhoe. I will use that much in a few days digging stumps in that machine. I refilled the generator from the treated fuel in the storage drum. I think a 6 month interval on this should make sure I always have fairly fresh diesel in the generator as well as the external supply drums. It looks like I am going through about a 100 gallons every 3 to 4 months running my two tracltors.

Haoleb

With those tractors fuel rotation definitely is not an issue for you. I just refilled my fuel stores after burning all the fuel I bought last fall off in my CUCV. I am buying on road diesel so I can burn it in my truck if needed and I treat my tanks with a mix of Biobor JF and Startron diesel treatment. Never noticed any issues yet but I only let it sit for 6-8 months so I could probably not treat at all and be fine.

csheath

what are you treating your stored fuel with, and where are you getting it?
I put an ounce or so of Killum biocide and a half bottle of Stanadyn lubricity formula in each 55 gal drum.

Rainey Cawthon will deliver off road but cost is near or a little more than on road. It's worth it to me not to have to deal with transporting cans. They will also deliver on road if you need it. They have the lowest minimum and will bring as little as 40 gallons but the price goes up.

I have had two deliveries so far and both were over 100 gallons. I have the driver top off both my tractors while he is here. I keep the generator full.

lonesouth

I put an ounce or so of Killum biocide and a half bottle of Stanadyn lubricity formula in each 55 gal drum.

Rainey Cawthon will deliver off road but cost is near or a little more than on road. It's worth it to me not to have to deal with transporting cans. They will also deliver on road if you need it. They have the lowest minimum and will bring as little as 40 gallons but the price goes up.

I have had two deliveries so far and both were over 100 gallons. I have the driver top off both my tractors while he is here. I keep the generator full.
sorry, meant to ask where are you getting your treatments from?

Bill W

I flip the diesel in my 003a every year.
I've always liked Power Service "Diesel Kleen", been using their products for over 30yrs ( I use to be in the fuel cleaning business ).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks