• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel sending unit

hemi348

Needing to order a fuel sending unit for a M1009 (stock 27 gallon tank). Auto zone and napa have three options to choose from along with every online store. Can anyone provide a link to order the exact unit I need?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you try looking for the part number listed in the -20P TM? Then Google that part number.

Try LMC?

hemi348

Yes the TM has the part # as 25004140. I have tried my local auto part stores and the guys behind the counters are clueless as to how to find the right part let alone even know what a CUCV is.

Google has a lot of threads about the part # but they all seem to be a dead end in finding out where to purchase the actual part.

It appears that LMC does have a fuel sending unit but it has 3 outlets and the sending unit I pulled from my truck has 4. As long as it will work not having the fuel draining feature doesn't bother me much.

I have also found some sending units on NAPA autoparts website made by Spectra

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Results.aspx?Ntt=fuel%20sending%20unit&Ntk=Keyword&N=599001+101986+50014+2014010

Are these quality Items?

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Front Line Military Vehicles www.flmv.net shows the sender on their webpage. Call them and see if they still have them in stock.

GM 25004140 Sender Fuel Quan CUCV Blazer

hemi348

Even though they are not currently in the CUCV section, Front Line Military does have them in stock.

Thank you doghead and Warthog for all your help

hemi348

They are selling them for $129.xx and they are surplus OEM units. They are a little spendy but my old one lasted 25 years so I think its worth it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks