• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel shut off solenoid question

bigred350

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi there searched the forums and got some leads but still have questions. My m925a2 it could sit for days even weeks i get in it turn the key and instantly starts up but once i let it run or drive it and shut it off when i go to start it back up the shut off solenoid is not engaging i have to try and start it 3 or 4 times before it engages and the truck starts so ive read about weak batteries and mine are fairly new but it starts after sitting or should i just start by getting a new solenoid? thank you

74M35A2

The main pull coil (not hold coil) inside it is getting weak when hot. Make sure the connection for it is clean and tight at both the starter motor (small wire going to actual starter motor body) and its own 3 pin connector. Also would not hurt to clean the main ground junction point at the front-lower-right of the engine block. Take all the cables off, wire brush them, block surface also, and reassemble. If still weak, and battery voltage does not drop below 20V during actual cold/hot cranking when checked on a digital volt meter, then plan to replace it. A few remove it completely and just use the emergency pull cable to kill the engine since it pulls the same lever on the 8.3.

bigred350

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info I will check all that tomorrow. Are there any pros or cons to removing the solenoid and just using the engine stop?

Csm Davis

Thanks for the info I will check all that tomorrow. Are there any pros or cons to removing the solenoid and just using the engine stop?
I have been running my A2 wrecker for a year or two with no solenoid, it operates the exact same arm as the emergency engine shutdown.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk