• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Solenoid

mrgerke81

Does anyone know where to purchase a 12 volt fuel shut off solenoid? It is the solenoid that is inside the injector pump top cap. I bought a military 6.2 engine and putting it in a civilian truck. The pump has a 24 volt solenoid currently and will not work off of 12 volts. I tried local parts stores and all they have is some sort of universal unit.

Thanks

Westech

CPL
I looked for the autozone part number but no luck on the web site. Here is a link for one off ebay. http://shortlinks.net/odf491

just asking but if you were installing the 24V military pump on the civy (I have done it) were is the old pump? The best thing to do is use the stock (old) cover. you will need to change the cold start switch over too.

mrgerke81

I did switch the old cover over. When I did the engine would not shut off. I reinstalled the 24 volt cover and took away power source and engine shut down. I am thinking the old 12 volt solenoid is worn out and will not hold spring back to shut off fuel. I bought this engine from govliquidation. It was a brand new rebuild in crate done by j&j/Bmar out of Kentucky. I fired it up in the crate sitting on the floor. It sounded great when she fired and idled.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks