• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Stabilizer

Loose Deuce

What is a good Diesel Fuel Stabilizer or additive to but in Fuel for long term storage or is that possible. I looked at my local wal-mart but could only find stabilizers for Gas.:?:

Loose Deuce

What I got is several drums of the Off Road Diesel w/the dye. I got some when it was just under 2.00 a gallon for my Farm Tractor and Yes I will use it in my Deuce if i'm in a tight.

Chief_919

Honestly, not much is needed for long term storage if you buy clean, dry fuel, put it in a clean, dry, unvented container, and store it with the conatiner nearly full with little air to allow condesation.

Water is the enemy, and water causes most of the problems with stored diesel.

I have run 12 year old diesel stored like that with no problems.

That said, Pri-D is a good insurance to add and is not very expensive. It works like a champ. If your container has some residual sludge or water and you can't fully drain and clean it, or you think some water may get in, a biocide like Bio-Kleen could be warranted. But in 99% of cases I would say some Pri-D would be more than enough, if it is even needed at all. But the Pri-D is a good all-around additive to it is worth using regardless.

Bill W

Having been in the marine fuel cleaning business for 27 years
I like"Diesel Kleen" by Power Service products ( its in the silver bottle ) For a off the shelf product .Advanced auto sells it. Its a great stabilizer and helps prevent fungus ( aka algae) growth. If you already have a micro growth problem then "Bio Kleen" by Power Service, its great at stopping growth but does not havea stabilizer in it.

Last edited: