• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Stop Solenoid MEP802A or boot

loosegravel

Just a retired mechanic who's having fun!
I've purchased a couple of different China parts for these units. My experience tells me that they're not good. It's better to stick with the OEM parts if at all possible. I found part# SA-3865 in the parts manual from the TM section on this forum. It's the same part for the MEP-802A and the MEP-803A. Appears to be a Woodward part. The boot is not listed as a separate number. Just out of curiosity, is your solenoid pulling in and releasing properly without binding? If you're just concerned with the boot condition you could buy the cheaper China one and just use the boot off of it. It looks like the OEM part is about 4X the cost, but again I'm a believer in OEM parts for these machines. Good luck!

Leonardo82nd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thank you for the input, yes , The solenoid is pulling and releasing properly, that is a great idea. I am going to go ahead do that - purchase the cheaper one and use the boot. I figured it was a shoddy aftermarket part, I’m glad you confirmed.

I've purchased a couple of different China parts for these units. My experience tells me that they're not good. It's better to stick with the OEM parts if at all possible. I found part# SA-3865 in the parts manual from the TM section on this forum. It's the same part for the MEP-802A and the MEP-803A. Appears to be a Woodward part. The boot is not listed as a separate number. Just out of curiosity, is your solenoid pulling in and releasing properly without binding? If you're just concerned with the boot condition you could buy the cheaper China one and just use the boot off of it. It looks like the OEM part is about 4X the cost, but again I'm a believer in OEM parts for these machines. Good luck!

Ray70

Before you go and spend $90 on the Chinese solenoid.... just for the boot, poke around on ebay. I bought a 12V solenoid for my son's LPW2 tractor project for more like $30. maybe you can find a cheaper throw-away and just steal the boot off that one?

Leonardo82nd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Before you go and spend $90 on the Chinese solenoid.... just for the boot, poke around on ebay. I bought a 12V solenoid for my son's LPW2 tractor project for more like $30. maybe you can find a cheaper throw-away and just steal the boot off that one?
NICE !!! I’m looking & found a winner , thanks for that idea ! thanks guys

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks