• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel strainer

Pinz25086

Does anyone know how fine the screen on the fuel strainer is on a deuce? I am running used motor oil and want to know what size stuff it is catching.

Jake0147

Does anyone know how fine the screen on the fuel strainer is on a deuce? I am running used motor oil and want to know what size stuff it is catching.
It's a rock catcher, not a contaminated fuel fixer. It should not be considered any part of your filtration system.

If you want scientific, I'll take my strainer and throw it as far as I can, and for all future measurement we can assign that distance to be fifty yards.:-D But by my best estimation there's about 40 holes to an inch, the wire gauge is slightly smaller than the space between the wires, but closer to one wire than to two wires worth of space.... And of course it's a square mesh shaped into a non-square cone shape. A little loose division puts it somewhere in the 350 to 400 micron range.

Good enough to keep the squirrels out, but not the chipmunks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks