• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel system bleed

Chinookpilot77

I have read many posts on this topic, but nothing was written specifically on my question.

I did Jatonka fuel system change a week ago, found out I had a bad in-tank (didn't run at all) pump...so I swapped tanks (I had a spare tank) and that pump, while it runs, I dont think it has much flow...but eventually, it does seem to bleed all the air from the supply line from the tank to the filter housing.

However, I have clear lines running from the IP back to the filter housing and I can still still air in the system...but it doesn't seem like any amount of bleeding is getting rid of this air.

Also, the problem manifests itself as I'm running down the road under load, but not during idle. The truck will shudder and die, but after another attempt at bleeding, she'll eventually start again (though it takes much more cranking that it used to)

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help. Pictures of my finished truck coming soon!

Chinookpilot77

Yeah, thats my next move, the inline pump...

I was curious however, if the air is in the system AFTER the IP, say on the return lines back to the filter housing, will a stronger lift pump fix this?

(I am completely assuming that like most IP's at least one of the clear lines I can see is a return line back to the fuel filter that recirculates unused fuel)

RAYZER

Did you take the pump out of the spare tank that you used? I ran mine out of fuel once and when I went to bleed the system after putting fuel in,nothing? I could hear the pump running ,but no pressure. Pulled the pump an found that the bottom of the pump had fallen apart, put it back together and it was as good as new ! Pics in my thread "ran out of fuel"

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Rayzer, he said that the new pump, while slow, would bleed the air out. Sounds like its doing its job. I would check your fuel lines for leaks.

Gimp,

What is the best way to check for air leaks in the fuel system on the motors? I have a sneaking suspicion I'm getting some air in the lines. Still have my surging problem with the engine even with new clean filters. And words of wisdom from Mr. 10,000?

James