• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel system issue

TEAMJENSEN

Your fuel tank pickup tube to elbow junction probably cracked from the bump. Common in these trucks. I'm working with a guy right now to make stainless steel replacements which are TIG welded instead of soldered copper.

Bring an outboard fuel tank with primer bulb, plumb that into the lift pump inlet, and use that to get the truck home. Route the return line to it also if you can, or be prepared to keep refilling it during your trip, and make sure your truck tank does not overflow. Redo fuel suction side of the system once you are home.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?167854-Stainless-Steel-M939-Fuel-Tank-Dip-Tubes-and-Hoses&highlight=
View attachment 680123

Did you make the stainless dip tubes? I may need it. I'm trying to diagnose now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

74M35A2

I helped a buddy in the sourcing of materials and welding of such. He designed them while he had his tank off and all apart. Member Tedcat should have them in stock, reach out to him. FYI, your tank will have to come off or your bed will have to be raised if you have a cargo truck to install it/them.

They have a male flare (-AN) fitting on them, which is different than the stock inverted (female) flare tank top fitting.

Brutacus

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check you wiring on your ignition switch, and fuel solenoid. Some of those old crusty wires can brake loose from a little bump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks