• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel system trouble, need help

Hello everyone. I have a 1970 M35A2 with a D turbo. The truck ran fine when I had time to run it regularly but, alas, life has gotten in the way and I no longer get to run it regularly. I tried to start it the other day and it wouldn't start. With the help of a little ether, I was finally able to get it to run. It seemed like it was running ok so I let it run for about 30 minutes to charge the batteries back up. As soon as I shut down the engine, I could hear fuel dribbling back into the fuel tank. When I went to start it again, I it wouldn't start unless I spritzed it with a little ether again. Obviously it loses its prime and the fuel pump is not doing its job, but the engine is able to suck enough fuel to run once started. I'm getting ready to move so I really have no time to get it running properly again. If anyone lives in the Loxahatchee, FL area and has some experience with this, I would be happy to pay for your time to get it running again. I hate to be lazy about getting it running, but with the move coming up, I just have no time to fiddle with it. Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks