• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel tank and transfer case vent crimped in engine compartment. Why?

scootertrs

OK,

I am perplexed as to why the prior operators deemed it necessary to disconnect the vent pipe going to the engine/transfer case/fuel tank and crimp it in the engine compartment. At first I thought someone had stripped the threads in the breather pipe where they attach, but I have reconnected all using the original connectors. I just had to cut off the crimped piece, slip on the flange nut and re-flare the tube. All seems good, but am definitely concerned as to the reason for the disconnect and crimp. It was creating one hellacious vacuum in the fuel tank (and I can only guess in the transfer case as well.

Thank you for all the help

Attachments

scootertrs

strange, could it have been from a fording kit they removed.

I replaced my vent on my transfer case and found a plug in my tranmission.
Interesting idea... never seen a fording kit, so I don't know... but why would a fire truck need a fording kit??? but looks like its possible

thanks

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Interesting idea... never seen a fording kit, so I don't know... but why would a fire truck need a fording kit??? but looks like its possible

thanks
AHHH we had one of our guys back the tanker down the boat ramp to get the suction tube under water so he didnt have to get the hose and hook it up. $1890 later the truck was running again. and he is no longer with the fire dept!

scootertrs

AHHH we had one of our guys back the tanker down the boat ramp to get the suction tube under water so he didnt have to get the hose and hook it up. $1890 later the truck was running again. and he is no longer with the fire dept!
Just when you thought you had heard it all.... ;-)

It's funny that the Minnesotans were able to drive the truck at all, since my 20+ mile jaunt really built up a vacuum in the tank. Maybe the guy that did the mod (crimp) just left the fuel cap loose?

Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks