• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel tank building pressure

USMC6062

I just picked up a M923A1, I drove it from NC to FL. It ran an operated flawlessly, the only thing I noticed was the fuel tank was building up pressure every time I stopped for fuel. Is this normal? It seems like the tank should be vented. The truck is one of the ones completely refurbished by red river. I couldn't find an answer on here.

goldneagle

Easy problem to fix. I had the same thing on mine. **** mud bugs plugged the vent tube at the top of the intake stack. Used a drill bit spun by hand to break up the blockage. You can also remove the 2 vent tubes from the top of the fuel tank and see if they are clogged. Two 1/4" tubes going to a splice block and a 3/8" tube from there up the side of the intake stack.

USMC6062

Just checked the vent tube up top, it did have signs of mud dobbers. It wasn't blocked solid though, I'll have to pull the vents loose from the tank and blow air through the lines and go from there.