• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel tank question?????

a68cudas

Need to replace the fuel tank on the m1009 blazer. will a 31 gal tank fit? I see where they sell 31 gal tanks and the dimensions for the 25 gal and 31 gal are the same? Has anyone had to replace their fuel tanks if so what brand tank did you go with? any brands to stay away from? anything else i might need besides the tank and new straps? Thanks

gungearz

Use the GM name brand and there are several forums out there noting the diesel K-5 blazer fuel tank upgrade... and I'm sure there's even a how-to thread.... I up graded a 28 to a 40 gallon on a suburban just fine, little mods and it went right in...

top_prop

I just replaced my tank and sending unit in my M1009: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...-clogging-fuel-filters-Sand-in-fuel&highlight=

hope the thread is helpful.

Short answer: 25 gallon tank is what crossreferenced to -34P.

I think you could go with the 31 Gallon (the width and length on the ones I saw were the same, but the 31 gallon is depper, so I'd expect you'd have to delete the skid plate or rig some sort of bushing to drop the skid plate lower to clear the deeper tank. There is not a lot of clearance between the 25 gallon and the skid plate.

cucvprepper

Suggestion is to make sure you also replace the sending unit with a new one. Trust me down the road you would be wishing you did, they are known to go bad and it is very easy and well worth it when you have the tank out and prepping the new one.

combatmech

Yes, a 31 gallon tank will fit. I bought mine from LMC a while back. You'll have an inch or two to spare with the skid plate on.
And ditto on the sending unit. If you have all that out, might as well replace all you can.