• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Tank Swap??

rneely

I have an M35A2 with the standard steel 50 gallon fuel tank. Can an M35A3 aluminum tank be put in as a direct swap?
Are M35A3 fuel tanks 50 gallon? Any other issues that would not allow a swap?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should be a direct replacement, I have a used A3 tank being shipped to replace a nasty A2 tank. Pump will mount in the same access hole. I'll keep you posted.
JC

Jeepsinker

You don't need the straps. The A3 straps are a hair longer because the aluminum tank is slightly thicker. If you are patient you can reuse the A2 straps and bolts, if you can't get it that way just get some bolts that are 1" longer.

JMPM35A2

You don't need the straps. The A3 straps are a hair longer because the aluminum tank is slightly thicker. If you are patient you can reuse the A2 straps and bolts, if you can't get it that way just get some bolts that are 1" longer.
Awesome! Thanks Jeepsinker. Ive got a line on a tank and wanted to know for sure about the straps. Extra bolts are always easy to find.

Jeepsinker

Good deal, just remember that you still need to drain the water from the fuel filter canisters regularly. You still get water in the tank from condensation, it just doesn't rust.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
New tank is in. Shes back on the road! Thank SS for all the great info since ive joined. This is the best site out there.
Glad it worked out for you Jon, did the tank come out of IL?
back on the road Rollin' Coal. Don't forget to add a little Diesel Klean fuel additive, it will help w/ the ULS fuel and
keep the tank clean.
JC

JMPM35A2

I got the tank from TNJMURRAY out dover del. Shipping was steep but I needed it and they had it. I put two cans of sea foam in it when I first filled up. I will try that Diesel Kleen stuff. We used to use some lubro moly stuff at my dads shop years ago, good stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks