• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel up to HH, nothing to injectors.

maxspeed250

OK, I'm still working on this but I found 2 problems and I need answers. It was obvious that my hydraulic head was not pumping fuel up to the injectors, and I definately was getting plenty up to the HH. Pulled the center bolt out on the head ( the one in the middle of the injector lines on top) and fuel comes out when cranking. Also pulled the 12 point plug for the needle check valve out on the side of the HH, and fuel comes out of there like crazy too. Needle and spring looked good. Finally got around to pulling HH off pump body and found a broken fuel control rod pin, and the trust button and retainer were off and laying in the tappet cavity. My Questions are;
1. Where can I find a new fuel control rod and pin assembly? (Broken pin is stuck in end of rod).
2. The retaining clip just doesn't look like it would stay on the HH plunger shaft after being subjected to shock loads and vibration from normal operation, is it normal to pull the head and have the thrust button and retaining clip off the plunger shaft on the head?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The fuel control rod is the main key to the HH. It controls if fuel flows or not.

I am going to say that you need a new HH along with the control rod. I know there are some new Chinese HH, but I have never seen a new control rod.

I would try Memphis and some of the other suppliers. You may have to buy a used one from a parts truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks