• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fueling issues

Riden8ked

Good afternoon all,

So I'm having an issue fueling up at the pumps. Besides the BOHICA prices, I have to fill my 86 m1009 very.......very slowly to prevent it from burping up and out of the filler. Other then the vent built i to the filler neck, is there any other reasons for this?

Barrman

The vent in the filler neck is a 1 inch hose. It can be removed by crawling under the truck behind the rear tire. Since the hose is close to 40 years old. I would suggest looking at it, figuring out how much new hose get, get it and then cut off the old stuff. LMC has all of this hose. There has to be a restriction somewhere in your vent. Pulling the entire filler pipe assembly out might be an easier job. I have done it on M1009 trucks and suburbans without removing anything else.

Squibbly

Good afternoon all,

So I'm having an issue fueling up at the pumps. Besides the BOHICA prices, I have to fill my 86 m1009 very.......very slowly to prevent it from burping up and out of the filler. Other then the vent built i to the filler neck, is there any other reasons for this?
Stick an air nozzle tip in the vent tube and blow it out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks