• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fun's Over in Bama, State Requires EPA/DOT Certificates of Conforminty

saddamsnightmare

May 11th, 2010.

ABH3:

MOnstrous Applause from this end.... THAT's THE WAY WE LIKE IT, UN HUH!!!!
I agree with ABN173, though, give us old guys a break and cut the blue font out...PLEASE!!!! FERRO... Take note here as to how you handle the situation in SC!

You guys in Wisconsin..... THIS is the way you handle an inbred DOT administration, now get crackin fellas, and let's all get the DOT/DMV people on the same page.....

THANKS... David Doyle, you are a genious.....:jumpin:

Loud applause here for an effort well done!:mrgreen:

123mack

Thank you for your efforts. If anyone in our club ha any problems with post 1975 military vehicles, I'll refer them to Mr Gambles' ruling.

ThunderOne

I would think the only reason why you would need a title is to finance it. Registration is all I need.
Oh well, my questions are irrelevant. Those three Blazers are not for sale. Two are sold already ($7000 each) and one the guy is keeping. Guess the rust bucket is back in my list of choices. However he wants $2500 and I would like it to be lower, considering all the body rust and couple seal leaks. Can someone point me to places where I can cover/repair body rust?

Last edited:

leeh725

What a mess.

After reading through this thread, I'm worn out.

I am very thankful that the State of Texas makes it very simple to title and register these vehicles.

I bought two M1008A1s and one M35A2, a couple of M101A1s and had zero problems titling, registering them.

All I had to produce was the SF97 and the transfer documents from Government Liquidation and was able to title them and register them with Former Military Vehicle plates.

Yes, they are parade/civil interest plates. But the bottom line is, wherever you are in those things, interest is sure to follow.

It would not be a problem to go from FMV registration to regular registration either. All we would have to do is have it inspected.

Good luck to you fellows having difficulties. It sounds like a rite of passage.

sp00n

I tagged my Deuce in the state of Alabama about 3 weeks ago in under 15 minutes. I originally thought my truck was a 1971 and the bill of sale reflected that, so I don't have a title (state does not require a title or sf97 paperwork on stuff <1976). They asked what year it was, who made it and they wanted a VIN number. After I gave them this info they walked outside to visually confirm the VIN (I used the NSN on the dash plate) and sent me on my way with a tag.

I later discovered mine was built in 84 but nobody can tell without looking a lot harder than anyone employed by the state will ever do.

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To me if it not title it could be easy for to own any ones car or truck older than 1976 with only bill of sale.
Michigan use to let this happen it was shut down and the MSP started an HEAT UNIT to cars and or trucks half to have Titles on them.
My self I buy an MV I want an Title so If I want to sell it to some one that required it for there state to have one it is no problems or an legal problems at all.
thank you 2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks