• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuse Block

mike634

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like during the local Memorial Day parade the fuse block where the 30 amp headlight fuse decided to melt. Now I have no headlights, taillights or turn signals. Has anyone tackeled this fix and how did you go about it? Also any idea where to find a new fuse block if that's the best rout to go?

Barrman

Replacing the fuse block means pretty much every wire inside the truck has to be removed and then installed again. I have done it. If you are going to do that, upgrade to a Painless 18 circuit or something similar is my opinion. The 12/24 volt stuff can be made to work.

However, you can also solder a wire to each of the metal tabs inside your burned up fuse area and with female wire ends plug a fuse into the wires to make everything work again.

One of my trucks did the exact same thing as yours. Some precision dental pick work bent the tabes Anouilh for a fuse to work in the stock spot and I have had no issues for about 15 years now.

cucvrus

I have had great success in splitting the fuse box and the bulkhead connector from under the hood. once I have this split, I split the fuse box and replace the 2 circuits that are serviced by the power leg in the fuse box with 2 inline fuses. The one is the brake lights and the 30 amp all lights circuit. I have also wired a 30-amp circuit breaker on a few. That is your choice.
CUCVRUS Repair Projects | Page 17 | SteelSoldiers

I only had 30-amp fuses, so I used them on both. The brake light circuit is served by the same power leg in the fuse box so I just eliminated both of the fuse slots and replaced them with inline fuse holders. It has never blown since.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks