• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuse box que's???

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
4. Red wire to head light fuse. This is the one I had mistaken as the other red wire. Does this one feed direct to the fuse or does it go into a harness and then from somewhere make its' way back?

It feeds thru the firewall connector directly to the fuse box.

Circuit goes: Fuse box to B/O switch, to headlight switch, back to fuse box, to lights?

Orange wire from the fuse box, to the B/O Sevice Switch (not the B/O light Switch), to the headlight switch, dimmer switch and then to the lights.

I'll double check the feed from the B/O power feed to the headlight switch and see if that solves my issue.

Make sure you are checking the correct switch as the Service Switch has to be on inorder for the headlights to work.
See the orange response.

Last edited:
Turn signal blues

My headlights work now.
Now the turn signals don't.
The fuse slot has power to both sides when the fuse is removed.
If I were to start tracing the circuit from the fuse box, how does it go?
Can I have an issue inside my fuse box or bulk head connector that would cause this:
Left side blinks dim, right side stays bright.
It isn't the service switch as it is jumped.

dstang97

To your turn signals work at all? what if you put on the hazzards? At the bottom right there is a flasher in the fuse panel is that where you are getting power on each side?

dstang97

If you have power on both sides of the flasher when it is removed, it is getting backfeed. I have only heard this with one other persons cucv besides mine. If you take apart the inside fuse panel there is a diode/ resistor. That is what fails and back feeds. I cut mine off and has been fine eversince.

it could also be a short in the turn signal switch in steering column.. as i had sort of the same issue.. when installing a salvaged tilt steering column... I would replace that before tearing into back of fuse panel... part is around $20.00 at local parts house.

Alright, here's what doesn't have power.
In the fuse box: Flasher, Instruments, Horn, Marker lights, B.O. Markers fuses. Neither Signal flasher has power now. Purple and brown wires at column connector are dead.

What feeds these?

Shouldn't be as I jumped the connections.
I pulled the fuse box and see a heavy pink wire that looks as if it may feed the circuits coming from the bulkhead connector. I went to the engine bay and tested all the pink and purple heavy wires at the bulkhead and none have power. Two run to the diode/resistor behind the air cleaner. The other I did not trace.
Can I feed power to one of those and power the system?
Is there a "cheat" to power up these circuits?
The missus is losing what little patience she had with me and my truck, gotta get it done.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you checked your GROUND CONNECTION up under the dash, drivers side? up high on the left hand side wall there is a crimp on style connector that provides ground for a LOT of the dash. Unplug it and replug it in after cleaning the spade it's on. When I did that, the lug came off in my hands. A new lug connector and I resolved all sorts of issues with dash lights, my fuel gauge, etc ...

Wiring a new lighting circuit.

Help me design a new headlight, taillight, turn signal wiring set-up for my cucv. Gotta have it back up and working by Monday AM as it is my daily driver and I'm back to work then. I'm willing to work from scratch, or re-use existing wiring where able, like the runs to the lights, wires to the switches, etc. I think I can provide new power circuits to the fuse box and then re-use some wires from there.
Today my headlights would not shut off. Had to disconnect a ground from the firewall.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you would continue one single thread, it would help everyone understand what your dealing with. Nobody is going to search for all your old threads(that have all the info pertaining to this issue).

Forums are like everything else in life. You must use it correctly, to get the most out of it.

Schematics are in the TMs.

Got it...

Bad connections at sockets, bad grounds, bad connections at the bulkhead and maybe at the inside column connections. All added up to the flashers not working.

On the plus side. all my wiring is very clean and has nice soldered connections, shrink wrapped, and fresh tape around the bundles.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, all your lights are functioning now?

I just merged a few of the other threads together, so they don't get follow up posts after the issue is fixed.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks