• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuse box replacement?

mdeamicis

I have an 86 1009 with a fuse box that is getting pretty worn our. The sockets for the blade fuses are pitted and show obvious signs of arcing. Any chance of me being able to buy an oem replacement or suitable aftermarket. First attempt searching is netting broad results so I thought I would ask here while I filter through the chaff.

MarcusOReallyus

When looking for parts, remember, it's not an 86, It's an 84. I don't care what the DMV thinks, when you are buying parts, it's an 84. The Army didn't want to deal with varying models from year to year, so they required all CUCVs to be built to 84 specs.

84 K30 with the J code diesel.

cucvrus

I know a guy that has that CUCV wiring harness part. He is right here with me. Let me know if I can assist. 1 unhacked wiring harness from a CUCV M1009.

mdeamicis

I know a guy that has that CUCV wiring harness part. He is right here with me. Let me know if I can assist. 1 unhacked wiring harness from a CUCV M1009.
Are you saying the fuse block is for sale? Cuz I'm looking for a source to buy a new or in pristine condition fuse block. Not a whole harness.

cucvrus

I am not going to remove a fuse box from a good serviceable complete harness. But I do have a scrap wiring harness that I can cut the fuse holder box out of. How pristine is a 36 year old serviceable used front wiring harness? I have one in an M1009 carcass that had 13K miles on it and has been in my field with smashed doors and glass on it for over 20 years. I think the 4WD plug was cut when the transmission and transfer case were removed. It takes less time to replace the entire under dash harness and fuse box than it does to change just the fuse holder box.

Ok,I know this is an old thread,However im curious CUCVRUS,Have you ever replaced the connectors in a Cucv fuse block and redone a complete interior harness and fuse block if so where did you purchase the Gm specfic new connectors im wanting to go through a complete harness for my m1008 and M1009 as cleaning these connections isnt cutting it

Last edited:

cucvrus

I have not rebuilt a wiring harness or fuse box. I have however cut out the over heated terminals and replaced that circuit with a weather resistant in line fuse holder. Good Luck.

cucvrus

Check this out. I have eliminated the overheated lighting fuse with an inline fuse. This power leg also services the brake lights so I added 2 inline fuses. Simple enough. The inline is quickest. and another 4 fuse box could also be added. Good Luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks