• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuse / Breaker panel Location M931???

Carlo

Im sure many of you have heard this request but Im new and have whats a problem to me. Are there Fuses or breakers on a M931 and if so where are they?
I have 30 plus years experince in European Ex Military and all use Breakers. The M931 must have them, right? HELP

jarokoro

That info should be in chapter 3 of the TM its been awhile since I worked on a 900 series. I was going to look it up but I did not want to down load since it was so big, and I dont own one yet and I dont want my wife complaining that I am taking up all the hard drive space on the laptop!

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
fuses & breakers

Carlo,

The abs brakes have 2 fuses inline in the wiring inside the cab under the dash close to the steering wheel.

There are 2 circuit breakers in the engine compartment on the firewall to the left of the windshield washer bottle mounted high almost to the top of the hood line. Each has 2 connectors and are the same amperage with 2 mounting screws each.

The protective control box also serves as a circuit breaker for overload or incorrect negative/positive hooks ups. It also has 2 solenoids inside of it along with some other electronic goodies. It is the large metal box typically black in a m931 with the large wiring harness on the bottom next to the windshield washer.

I don't recall which circuit goes to each one. What is your problem or symptoms that you are troubleshooting?

Benvenuto! :grin:

Juan

Carlo

Grazie Juan!

My brake light wont turn on till the brake pedal is mashed to the floor. So in traffic if I just touch the brakes the cars behind see no brake lights. I found the brake sending unit that another buddy helped me and Im going to remove it this morning. I had a ex US Navy truck that showed low oil presure and I removed this sending unit cleaned it with either and installed it back and the oil pressure went from 15 pounds to 65.
I will let you know and thanks!!

Fuse / breaker pannel.....
Finally some one replied for I know now not many people knew or cared where this is. I collect and own ex military trucks from 4 nations and have never see one that did not have fuses or breakers (breakers being the better of the two). Thanks again Juan! And Nice truck!

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your problem sounds like the switch/pressure sending unit on the inside of the frame rail close to the fuel tank. Mine was totally dead. One of the first things i fixed. The switch uses common pipe thread. Might be difficult for you to find as it is not metric. It is a simple 24 volt stop light switch with 2 wire terminals.

Those trailers you have look very cool. When you have time post more pictures on your cool MV's. Thanks for the other ones you posted.

If you need a switch and can not find one, i will be glad to give you some leads where to look. Since it is a small part, airmail should not be too bad. :grin:

I lived in Rome for a year in 72 when I was 8 years old. I wish I had been older to appreciate it more.

Carlo

Hey Juan. Thanks for the reply. Much to my suprise there is a great source in Holland that stocks 90% of everything and the prices are as cheap or cheaper than US prices. I will keep you informed on my findings.

Thanks for the words on my "junk" as the wife calls it. That 3 axle trailer is "new unused". I paid €1.500 for it. I dont know what I will use it for but I like it. The single axle was €700 and it also was new. The German goverment built these during the end of the cold war and never used them. No they sell for scrap price at best. I would LOVE to have a tank transport trailer to pull behind the 931 but thats another page in the dream book haha.

Last week I bought welder/generators from goverment auction with Porsche motors! They are new new from 1963!! Crazy stuff.

Did you see my Bedfords from UK army? Those were stored at a old britsh airbase in holland at the german border since 1986. 2 years ago there were thousdands no they are almost gone. The trucks were super cheap but the Bedford is but ugly! Its got a spicer trans, diffs and reduction with a cummins inspired super super long stroke motor but the cab is JUNK!

Thanks for the help again and offer to find parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks