• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuse panel - to be, or not to be...

dom1986ck30

Aloha MY PEEPS!!!

Been awhile... a lot has happened. Don't know where to begin.

Well, I was working at an industrial park today and noticed a C-10 1985 Silverado scheduled to get smashed and recycled. So I jumped all over it. I needed the hood. After I was done dismantling that, I peeked inside and thought, what the heck, I got the Green light to take whatever so...

My first question is, please see attached pics, fuse panels. Is it worth taking the 1985 harness and using it for my 1986 M1008? Not exactly the same. Waste of time? LMC Truck harness better and more simple?

Second question... A/C parts worth grabbing? I have most already. The ducting I grabbed. A/C worth getting going on my M1008? Will it run to hot? I have been thinking about all that.

Third question... Thermostat rating/degree. I have read posts and don't seem to get the "For Sure" spec on thermostat. Manuals will tell me which one, but for a 30+ year old truck in Hawaii... Any recommendations?

Fourth question... Add radiator fan on front? Truck jumping from 170 to 205 going up a hill. Is my gauge correct. Between the gauge questions and the thermostat, that is where I am at with thoughts and searching for suggestions, answers, and experiences.

I appreciate you all... Hope to hear from you soon!!!

Mahalo,

Dom

P.S. The first Fuse Panel is mine, 1986 m1008. Second is C-10 1985.

Attachments

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would buy that truck as a parts truck.

Just all the small stuff like screws and bolts, etc that you can use will save you time and $$.
Hoods a good score. Looks like lots of rust on doors and fenders.

Hate to see a stepside get scrapped.
They didn't make a ton of them.

Last edited:

dom1986ck30

I am actually finding more and more trucks and parts. I live on Oahu. A lot of military influence/bases. Just gotta keep an eye out. Problem is that I don't have a lot of space at home... Mahalo

Barrman

Get as much parts from it as you can as suggested above. The fuse panel will be mostly the same as the CUCV. There might be a few things different like the choke circuit, windshield washer circuit, water in fuel light, etc...

coecamo

I pulled a fuse box from scrap yard took out terminals installed them in vacant locations in my M1008 to add additional ignition and battery circuits get all the parts you can

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks