• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuse question

Wartburg

I have a 1985 CUCV M1008 and have been having a hard time running down wiring problems (the last two owners have altered some of the wiring:evil:). I found the on line manual and on page 4-13 there is another fuse block for a m1010. Do I have the same fuse block on my M1008? and if so where the hell is it? I had the dash all the way out last night and climbed under the front in but can not find it.
Someone had put a radio in the truck at one point and ran a jumper of the negative number 2 battery. I believe you are supposed to use the number one positive?
My volt meter on the dash does not showing charge now, BUT IT DID BEFORE. and one of my alternater lights does not come on when the key is turned on. I have been looking at the manual for about a week and running around with a test meter but can't find this grimlin. SORRY TO BOTHER YOU GUYS WITH SOMETHING THAT IS PROBLY SIMPLE FOR YOU.
THANKS ,
JAY MOORE
COACH/PE TEACHER

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The -(neg) on the rear battery is connected to the +(pos) of the front battery, so that was ok(12V).
Is it your gen 2 light that is out? When you say the volt meter does not show a charge, is it working at all(indicating voltage)? If it does not read at all, it sounds like you either have a fuse bad or the gen 2/voltmeter relay is bad.

Last edited:

Wartburg

The -(neg) on the rear battery is connected to the +(pos) of the front battery, so that was ok(12V).
Is it your gen 2 light that is out? When you say the volt meter does not show a charge, is it working at all(indicating voltage)? If it does not read at all, it sounds like you either have a fuse bad or the gen 2/voltmeter relay is bad.
It is my Gen 2 light.

The voltage meter is not working at all. Is there a way to test the voltmeter relay?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the fuse at the very bottom of your fuse box, it says 24V . It should be a 10 amp.

Last edited:

Wartburg

Does the Wait light and Water in Fuel light work? If not, check the fuse marked IGN under the dash.
I will change the IGN Fuse this weekend, and see if that is it.

Does anyone know anything about another fuse box on the truck? I found a pick of one for a m1010 but can not find one on my truck.

Thanks guys for all the help.

Michael

The M1010 is the ambulance and it's second fuse block is in the ambulance body in the back under the driver side bench.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your wait light and water in fuel light probably has nothing to do with your current problem. There is a picture of the fuse panel in the 9-2320-289-20, page 4-31 also step by step repair and identification of the gen2 relay and voltmeter relay Page 2-59.

Did you look at the red 10 amp fuse at the bottom of the fuse panel? It is probably blown. This is not the ign fuse.

Last edited:

Wartburg

Your wait light and water in fuel light probably has nothing to do with your current problem. There is a picture of the fuse panel in the 9-2320-289-20, page 4-31 also step by step repair and identification of the gen2 relay and voltmeter relay Page 2-59.

Did you look at the red 10 amp fuse at the bottom of the fuse panel? It is probably blown. This is not the ign fuse.
I pulled most fuses one at a time and then replaced them looking for a bad one but I might have missed on. I will double check it after I get back from the state wrestling Tournament tomorrow night or first thing Sat morning.
Thanks for all the info again. I will let you know if the lower 24v and what ever the 10v fuse are help me fix it.

Wartburg

Thanks Guys,
I would have already posted what I found out with the fuse replacement but I have been at the hospital for the last two days and will be here again tomorrow with my father.:| I will have to check it at the first of next week. I will down load the correct maintenance Manual asap joe thanks :-D